Here is the Calendar of events for OLC.
- December 23rd 2014
- 5:00pm: Bravehearts vs. Mt. Marty
- December 24th, 25th, 26th, 2014
- Christmas Holiday
- January 5th - January 9th 2015
- Registration Week
- January 7th 2015
- 10:00am: Chairs Mtg.
- 4:00pm: OLC vs. Jamestown
- January 12th - January 16th 2015
- Add/Drop Week
- Assessment Day
- 5:30pm: OLC vs. Dakota State
- January 13th 2015
- Assessment Day
- 12:00pm: Course Cancellation
Delivery Methods and Basic Skills
Oglala Lakota College uses electronic educational technology to deliver courses and to enhance communication between students and instructors. OLC uses the following methods:
- Hybrid courses have traditional classroom and at distance lessons.
- Internet/Online courses use Moodle (Virtual Campus Portal) and do not have a traditional classroom setting. These course are delivered in the electronic format using the Internet.
- Electronic Assist courses meet in the traditional classroom environment with many of the course materials available online
Hybrid courses present to the student a mixture of traditional face to faces class sessions and online class sessions for discussion and interaction with the course materials.
A Hybrid course will have several class sessions where class members will meet online for discussion and interaction with the course materials. These online session will not meet face to face in a classroom.
Online courses will be taught online using the Internet to distribute course materials. Students will submit course materials and assignments to their instructor through the Internet. Many of these courses will be presented through a web based course management system where students and instructors interact. Each student will be expected to log on the web based course system called Moodle through a web browser. The majority of classes do not require the student to attend class in person. However, each week individual and group assignments will be required of each student for participation in the course. Each Internet/Online course will have mandatory weekly assignment and participation requirements.
Electronic Assist courses
Electronic Assis courses meet in the traditional calssroom environment with many of the course materials available online.
Getting StartedWhat is Distance Learning?
Is Distance Learning Right for Me?
Distance Learning Delivery Methods
Basic Skills for Students
Before Your Class Begins
During the Course
Virtual Campus Tutorials