The mission of the Assessment Committee is to advise the director of OLC Office of Institutional Assessment & Research, the Vice President for Instruction, and the President in setting direction for the college's work in institutional effectiveness planning and the assessment of student learning.
The specific activities of the Assessment Committee involve setting direction for the College's work in assessment of student learning, reviewing institutional effectiveness planning documents, the annual institutional effectiveness reports., and formulating recommendation on a broad range of subjects related to organizational assessment and institutional effectiveness planning.
The Assessment Committee meets monthly to take up assessment-related issues that arise. These meetings are open, and faculty, administration, and staff are encouraged to attend. The work of the Assessment Committee is closely related to the work of the Instructional Affairs Council.
Members of the Assessment Committee and their contact information is provided:
- Susanne Auer (chair; Humanities & Social Science)
- Kathryn Kidd (vice chair; Social Work)
- John Johnson (Assessment Director; ex-officio)
- Ahmed Al-Asfour (Business)
- Shannon Amiotte (Education)
- Kim Bettelyoun (Humanities & Social Science)
- Kiri Close (Humanities & Social Science)
- Karen Lone Hill (Lakota Studies)
- Crystal Paulson (Applied Science)
- Jean Reeves (Humanities & Social Science)
- Georgia Rooks (center director ENCC)
- Christine Stagnetto-Zweig (Math & Science)
- Verine White (Lakota Studies)
Schedule of Meetings
Date: Each all Staff Day
Location: Graduate Studies Department Conference Room
Time: 10:00am - 12 noon