Business Faculty Bio
|Dr. Ahmed Al-Alsfour
Department Chair & Professor
Ed. D in Educational Leadership, Department of Professional Studies, University of Wyoming Dissertation: Faculty Professional Development Needs and Career Advancement at Tribal Colleges and Universities.
Master of Science in Administrative Studies with a Specialization in Human Resources, University of South Dakota Thesis: Saudization in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with a Concentration in Management, Department of Business Science, New York Institute of Technology
Certified as an Online Instructor
Oglala Lakota College, 2010
Completed a Comprehensive Income Tax Preparation
Liberty Tax Service, 2010
Certified as a Six Sigma Green Belt
Florida Atlantic University, 2007
Completed Competent Speaker
Toastmasters International Club, Top Five, Rapid City, SD 2006
Problems in Business,
Quantitative Business Analysis,
Human Resource Management,
Organizational Theory and Behavior, and
Management and Marketing courses.
|Assessment Academy Member
Worked with the Higher Learning Commission to improve OLC overall academic assessment.
|November 2012-March 2014
|Assessment Committee & Accreditation||August 2012-Present|
|Faculty Peer Review Committee
Pointed member by the VP of Instruction
August 2011- present
|Self-Study Institutional Committee
Pointed member by the college President to help and write self-study assessment for the Higher Learning Commission and to meet with HLC review team.
|August 2011- May 2013
|Institutional Review Board
November 2010- Present
|Instructional Affairs Committee
Member (various sub- committees)
September 2009- August 2011
September 2008–September 2009
Professional Activities and Awards
Some of the awards received
- Received an invitation and sponsorship from the Western Regional Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) & Rocky Mountain CIBER Network Conference to discuss andragogy methods of teaching international business education courses at Tribal Colleges and Universities held in Denver, CO, October, 2013.
- Received Tribal College Faculty Fellowship from conference organizers on College Composition and Communication, Las Vegas, NE, March, 2013.
- National American University (Ellsworth Air Base Campus), Outstanding Academic Instructor fall quarter, 2011.
- Best paper presentation at the International Academic Conference session titled Business Education on 10/11/2011. The topic of the paper was Examining Student Satisfaction of Online Statistics Courses.
- Willey, Ivan & International Student Scholarship Awards, University of Wyoming fall 2011 & spring 2012.
- Hammond, Russell I Scholarship Award, University of Wyoming fall 2010 & spring 2012.
- Certificate of Outstanding Service from OLC for conducting a Service Learning Project in Math Academy, Kyle, SD summer 2009.
- Brilliant Employee of the Month Advanced Service Inc (ASI), Rapid City, SD January 2008.
Research Interests and Published Works
Research interests are in the areas of:
- Organizational Leadership,
- Adult teaching and workforce education,
- E-learning and e-training for adult learners,
- Leadership, retention & motivation for students and employees,
- Challenges facing minorities in higher education and workforce,
- International Human Resource and International Higher Education,
- Professional development for staff and faculty members in higher education.
Dr. Al-Asfour has published articles in several peer review and non-peer review journals. In addition, he has presented in regional, national, and international conferences.
Hobbies and Interests
Reading, researching, traveling, playing soccer.