Student Support Services
Milton Fineran, TRIO Director, Phone
Alyssa Janis, Program Assistant, Phone
Thalia Ellis, PRCC SSS Counselor, Phone
Monica Spider, PSCC SSS Counselor, Phone
Fairuz Dakam, PHCC SSS Counselor, Phone
The Student Support Services began at Oglala Lakota College in the Fall of 1993. It is one of the TRIO programs funded by
the U.S. Dept. of Education and serves 200 students a year.
Student Support Services Program Purpose
- To provide opportunities for academic development.
- To assist students with OLC requirements.
- To motivate or help students reach the completion of their academic goals.
The Program targets students who are
- First Generation-meaning your parents do not have a four year degree.
- Students with disabilities.
- Tutoring-the main service component.
- Tutor Labs
- Peer Mentoring
- Academic Advising
- Personal Counseling
- Financial Aid application assistance
- Scholarship Application help
- Cultural Activities
- Other Services