Federal Work Study
Students employed under the Federal Work Study (FWS) Program can work a maximum of twenty hours a week, depending on the amount of the award. Students will be compensated at an amount equal to the Federal minimum wage rate. The average award is $2,200.00 per student per semester but varies based on need.
Eligibility of Student
- Preference to students with greatest aid eligibility.
- At least half time students (except during the summer session).
- U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, or in the United States for other than a temporary purpose.
- Shows evidence of academic or creative promise and the capability of maintaining good standing.
- Not in Default/ or owe a refund to any Title IV programs.
- At least two work study students will be hired in each district college center.
- Assignment of FWS to district centers is contingent on satisfactory compliance by the center in developing job descriptions, recruitment, supervision and evaluation.