Here is the Calendar of events for OLC.
- August 27th 2016
- 10:00am: Wazi Paha Festival
- September 2nd 2016
- 10:00am: Last Day 100% drop
- 10:00am: All Staff
- September 12th 2016
- 12:00am: Labor Day
- April 28th 2017
- 9:00am: Research Symposium
Federal Work Study
Students employed under the Federal Work Study (FWS) Program can work a maximum of twenty hours a week, depending on the amount of the award. Students will be compensated at an amount equal to the Federal minimum wage rate. The average award is $1,500.00 per student per semester but varies based on need.
Eligibility of Student
- Preference to students with greatest aid eligibility.
- At least half time students (except during the summer session).
- U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, or in the United States for other than a temporary purpose.
- Shows evidence of academic or creative promise and the capability of maintaining good standing.
- Not in Default/ or owe a refund to any Title IV programs.
- At least two work study students will be hired in each district college center.
- Assignment of FWS to district centers is contingent on satisfactory compliance by the center in developing job descriptions, recruitment, supervision and evaluation.
Work Study Documents