Here is the Calendar of events for OLC.
- December 23rd 2014
- 5:00pm: Bravehearts vs. Mt. Marty
- December 24th, 25th, 26th, 2014
- Christmas Holiday
- January 5th - January 9th 2015
- Registration Week
- January 7th 2015
- 10:00am: Chairs Mtg.
- 4:00pm: OLC vs. Jamestown
- January 12th - January 16th 2015
- Add/Drop Week
- Assessment Day
- 5:30pm: OLC vs. Dakota State
- January 13th 2015
- Assessment Day
- 12:00pm: Course Cancellation
The Graduation Ceremony shall be held on the third weekend of June every year at the Piya Wiconi pow-wow grounds. There is a three day celebration pow-wow for all graduates, their families, and friends of Oglala Lakota College. If you have questions regarding the graduation ceremony or need additional information regarding the pow-wow please call the President's secretary, Ms. Diane Winters at 605-455-6022.
**Questions regarding the completion of degree requirements should be directed to your academic advisor when possible otherwise call the Registrar's Office at 605-455-6033.
Graduation Application Procedure
- It is the responsibility of the student to complete an application form for graduation one semester before he/she will graduate during registration and submit to the counselor with the non-refundable graduation fee of $10.00 per degree.
- The district counselor and/or the advisor should make every effort to assist the student in this process.
- The counselor will then forward the application and a typed status sheet to the Registrar.
- The Registrar shall schedule meetings with each district counselor to review the status sheets with the OLC transcripts to confirm that the student is on the right track.
- The Registrar will then inform the applicant of what is needed to complete the degree requirements in writing. If the application is received during the spring registration, the counselor will be notified instead of the student. The counselor will be responsible for contacting the student to register for the right courses.
- The application is due by the last day of registration to ensure that the student will be given enough time to register for the right classes in order meet the course requirements. This deadline will be kept and exceptions will only be allowed in special cases at the discretion of the Registrar.
- When the grades have been posted after the Spring semester, the Registrar shall send out confirmation letters to all graduates who have successfully completed the course requirements. Letters will also go out to those who have not received passing grades. The notice will indicate the June 1st deadline to get all change of grades into the Registrar's office in order to graduate that year.
All degree requirements must be met successfully before June 1st of the students graduating year. "F's" or "Inc.'s" will not be considered as satisfactorily completed requirements for any degree program. If the student fails to complete the requirements for graduation by the June 1st deadline, the student must reapply for graduation the following academic year.
A course requirement that can be used in a number of different places in a degree cannot be used more than once on one status sheet.