Here is the Calendar of events for OLC.
- July 20th 2015
- 8:30am: Support Staff Return
- July 27th 2015
- 8:30am: Chairs Return
- August 10th 2015
- 8:30am: Faculty Return
- August 14th 2015
- 5:00pm: Registration Ends
- August 19th 2015
- 9:00am: New Nursing Student Orientation
Student Support Services
|Milton Fineran||SSS Director (CRCC/LCC/PCCC)||Phone|
|Aloysius Wounded Head||PRCC/OCC SSS Counselor||Phone|
|Diana Lessert||PSCC/WKCC/EWCC SSS Counselor||Phone|
|Tammy Steele||PHCC/ENCC SSS Counselor||Phone|
|Vanessa Grinnell||HSCC SSS Counselor||Phone|
The Student Support Services began at Oglala Lakota College in the Fall of 1993. It is one of the TRIO programs funded by the U.S. Dept. of Education and serves 200 students a year.
Student Support Services Program Purpose
- To provide opportunities for academic development.
- To assist students with OLC requirements.
- To motivate or help students reach the completion of their academic goals.
The Program targets students who are
- First Generation-meaning your parents do not have a four year degree.
- Students with disabilities
- Tutoring-the main service component.
- Tutor Labs
- Peer Mentoring
- Academic Advising
- Personal Counseling
- Financial Aid application assistance
- Scholarship Application help
- Cultural Activities
- Other Services