Information Technology Vision
Our vision is to provide the Pine Ridge and surrounding areas quality Information Technology professionals with a foundation in operating systems and
Information Technology Mission
Information Technology Department graduates will demonstrate a technical networking mind to fulfill the Information Technology needs of the Oglala Lakota
Information Technology Program Student Learning Outcomes (P-SLO)
The student learning outcomes describe the knowledge, skills and core competencies of Information Technology graduates of Oglala Lakota College. Our goal in
Information Technology is to graduate students who demonstrate a technical networking mind as Network Managers to fulfill the Information Technology
needs of the Oglala Lakota People.
At the time of program completion, each student will:
- Project Administration: Communicate effectively with network stakeholders through solid project management.
- Hardware: Install, maintain and support computer hardware in a networked and stand-alone environment.
- Operating Systems: Install, maintain and support network and client operating systems.
- Network: Install, maintain and support a network given a hypothetical or real LAN or WAN situation.
- Security: Secure devices, networks and data.
- National Certifications: Complete selected national certifications in hardware (A+), Network (Network+) and Security Certified Network
Spring and Fall 2015 Course Schedule
For current courses click here!
Revised Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology becomes a reality
The revised BS in IT is a reality and will in the Fall Catalog. For a draft of the revised degree, click here. For a
draft of the IT courses, click here.