Test 3 Review
Physics I Sp 01
Here is a sampling of problems that I would expect you to be able to solve, or answer.
Most of these you should have done already.
1) Know how to find work from a Force vs. Displacement diagram
2) Understand Example 6.7 page 107, I like this one because it has everything
from chapter 6 in it.
3) Page 141 # 43 Simple power problem
4) Page 140 # 23 Work-energy theorem
5) Prob 5 homework you just turned in.
6) The trolley problem homework. It tests your understanding of the conservation
7) Page 164 #3 Conservation of energy
8) Page 169 # 1 Relation between force and a potential energy function
9) Page 187 #5 Tests on conservation of momentum as well as reviews vector notation.
10) Page 188 # 9 Conservation of momentum
Understanding concepts is just as important as doing problems. Look for essay
questions on work done by gravity, conservation of energy, non-conservative forces
or conservative forces. Know all of these.