Here is the Calendar of events for OLC.
- April 25th 2014
- Application to Graduate Program Due
- May 2nd 2014
- General Construction Spring Session Ends
- May 11th 2014
- Regular Classes End
- May 12th - May 16th 2014
- Make-up Period
- May 16th 2014
- Grades Due
- Faculty's Last Day
- May 26th 2014
- Memorial Day (Offices Closed)
- May 30th 2014
- Last Day for Chairs
- June 20th, 21st, 22nd, 2014
- 7:00pm: Pow-wow
- June 22nd 2014
- 10:00am: Graduation
Is Distance Learning for Me?
To determine if distance learning is right for you, see how many times you answer "yes" to the following questions. The more often you do, the more likely it is that distance learning may work for you.
- Are you disciplined enough to complete your coursework including homework on your own schedule while still meeting the course's deadlines?
- Do you like to work independently with minimal in person interaction with others?
- Are you proficient at using a computer to visit websites, send email and participate in online discussion groups?
- Can you learn the material you want to study primarily through written instructions without much interaction from the professor?
- Will you be willing to dedicate as much time to your distance learning program as you would to a traditional classroom program?
- Does your schedule allow you to focus on your coursework every day?
- Will you be motivated enough to complete the program even if you never speak to another student or professor aside from email and message boards?
If you answered "yes" to most of the questions above, then you should consider the benefits of distance learning. One of the greatest benefits is the flexibility that it offers. Because you do not have to go to classes at a certain time, you can study when it's more convenient for you and you may not need to quit your job to fit your studies into your schedule. You will also save time by not having to commute to campus. This is especially helpful if you live in a remote area or if it is difficult for you to travel. In addition, you can take courses from institutions across the country. You are not limited to the courses offered by your local college or university.
Getting StartedWhat is Distance Learning?
Is Distance Learning Right for Me?
Distance Learning Delivery Methods
Basic Skills for Students
Before Your Class Begins
During the Course
Virtual Campus Tutorials