- 1/2 - Support Staff Return
- 1/2 - Chairs/Faculty Return
- 1/10 - Registration Ends
- 1/10 - Graduate Studies Program Orientation
- 1/13 - Registration Ends
- 1/14 - Registration Ends
- 1/13-24 - ADD or DROP
- 1/20 - Martin Luther King Day (Offices Closed)
- 1/20 - Classes Begin (Sunday classes begin Jan. 26)
- 1/27-31 - Last Week to Drop 100%
Virtual Campus (VC) Information
First, click here to preview our tentative Virtual Campus Course List before registering for Courses.
Oglala Lakota College is an interrelated network of over twelve teaching sites on or near the Pine Rige Indian Reservation. Distance Learning at Oglala Lakota College is designed to enhance the course offerings of our face-2-face instructional model.
Distance Learning online and hybrid course offerings through Virtual Campus will vary from semester to semester depending upon student and degree requirements. We do not offer online degrees or programs of study. Prospective students may enroll in Virtual Campus courses provided course prerequisites and OLC enrollment requirements are fulfilled.
Distance Learning Courses through Virtual Campus are NOT Independent Study or Self Paced Study Courses. Virtual Campus courses have daily homework assignments and may require an additional commitment of time and energy when compared to a traditional face to face course.
Distance Learning Virtual Campus courses generally begin on Monday and go through Sunday of each week. The classroom is in cyberspace on VirtualCampus or http://virtualcampus.olc.edu . Check with your instructor for details
Prerequisite for Online and Hybrid Virtual Campus Courses
Virtual Campus, online and hybrid courses will have the prerequisite of MIS 113 Applied Information Processing. The goal is to help each online student achieve the necessary computer and communication skills necessary for successful completion of their Distance Learning courses.
- A student in a graduate program at OLC is exempt from the MIS113 prerequisite for Distance Learning Online or Hybrid courses.
- A student who has successfully completed MIS113 does not need to retake the course. Refresher training will be provided within two weeks of the beginning of the fall semester.
- A student who has successfully completed an Oglala Lakota College online course may request a waiver of the MIS 113 prerequisite of Distance Learning Online or Hybrid courses.
Contact the Registrar's Office for details
Begin with Jenzabar to Register for Courses
Your Center for Course Registration, Academic Records, Transcripts, etc.
Make Use of WebMail and Virtual Campus Daily During the Semester
Important Information Will Be in Your INBOX
*** Develop a New Daily Routine ***
Every day check your WebMail, download and read course materials in your e-mail. Log into Virtual Campus and check assignments, Submit homework in Virtual Campus, Read and Respond to your Discussion Forums, Collect your next day's assignments and activities.
WebMail - Your Official Communications Center
Check and Read Your e-mail Daily
Virtual Campus is your portal for Online and Hybrid Distance Learning courses - Your Virtual Campus Courses are Here
Lost your Virtual Campus Password? -->
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and request a reset of your Virtual Campus Password